Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Who Says You Can't Eat Your Cake and Enjoy It Too?



Oh how time does fly.

My baby girl just turned 14.  It is still so hard to believe that I have two teenagers.  Not to mention a preteen and a 9 year old.

For Lauren's birthday we went to my mom's house and swam.  They fixed burgers on the grill, and we had homemade ice-cream.  I made Lauren's favorite cake......chocolate cake with chocolate icing......yum! 

We let the kids swim for a bit, then had them come in for the cake....

Lauren REALLY enjoyed her cake!   











She is such a sweet girl and shared with her momma.....




After the cake fight, we all ate a piece of cake with some of the home-made ice cream, then everyone got in the pool.  
We swam under the stars for a long time before heading home.

Later....., at 12:00 midnight everyone in the house (8 people in all) gathered around Lauren as we had secretly planned, and yelled HAPPY BIRTHDAY engulfing her in a big group hug.  

I hope that no matter how old she gets, no matter how many birthdays she has had... She always feels special on her birthday.  She has been a true blessing to me, and makes everyday special for me.

You are becoming a very beautiful young woman Lauren. I am so proud of you.

 I love you...., Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment