Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm a Survivor

The kids have gone all week without Television or Video Games, and.....

I SURVIVED WITH MY INSANITY INTACT!!!!!

The first day I heard a lot of disgruntled sighs and "I'm Bored"s, and at bedtime I had to go in their room SEVERAL times to tell them to be quiet and go to sleep. The second day was much better. Each one grabbed a book and read quietly for a long time, then played quietly in their rooms. At night time, once they got into bed, I never heard another peep from them. It was SO NICE to have a quiet house all evening.

By the third day the transformation in my children was AMAZING ...... Homework is done each day without any protests, Binders are staying organized, the kids are playing together and there has been less arguments (coincidence or result of?) . They are finding things to play with, and using their imaginations. At night, they haven't been arguing over who goes first in the shower, and after I read a chapter or two from the book I am reading to them, they go to bed and are asleep within 20 minutes!!

Why the hell didn't I do this a LONG TIME AGO??

No comments:

Post a Comment