Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow Day


Late Saturday night as I sat on the couch reading a book, Spencer at the computer, we suddenly heard the "tick tick tick" sound of ice hitting the windows.  Spencer and I looked at each other, then jumped up and rushed outside to see.  Snow was in the forecast, and we were both hopeful.  

It was too dark outside to see anything, but as we put our hands out into the night, tiny flecks of ice occasionally came to rest in our palms.  We were ECSTATIC!!

I went to bed that night, sure that come morning, the ground would be painted white.....
It wasn't.  I woke to rain. No ice, just......rain.  As we began our weekend morning rituals, ice began to mix in with the rain, and before long it was SNOWING!!  The Snow fell hard and fast.  We laughed, we danced, we yelled.  And as soon as Gregory got back with our youngest who had spent the night at a friends house, we were all outside playing in the snow. 


Gregory blew up an inter-tube we use at the lake, and pulled the kids on it.  I tried taking some pictures, but my camera was getting WET from the falling snow, so I had to put it up.  We let our dog Kenobi run it for a little bit as well.  Greg made a Snow Angel, and OF COURSE we had a Snowball Fight!!


Afterwards Gregory and I came inside, cuddled on the couch under a blanket and watched movies through Netflix Instant Queue on our Wii.  The kids stayed outside playing in the snow, coming in occasionally to warm up, then they were right back outside. 


It was an absolutely WONDERFUL day!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment