Monday, January 25, 2010

13 And Glamorous!




This weekend  I got some great shots of my oldest daughter Lauren. I consider this a great achievement for a couple of reasons, number one being she posed willingly for numerous photos and had fun doing it.  In the past she has always been resistant to getting her photo taken.  I had managed previously to get some shots of her and a friend while they were goofing off being silly, dressed up in her 8 year old sister's dress up clothes, but other attempts were unsuccessful.




The photo shoot turned out to be a lot of fun for both of us.   I found the red dress she is wearing at the Thrift Store earlier that morning for $6.99.  I had her put the dress on, then I did her hair and makeup. When it was time to start shooting, my husband put his iphone on her favorite Pandora radio station, so music she liked to hear was playing in the background.  We took a lot of photos, several of her dancing and goofing off, intermixed with the serious shots.Because we shot in Raw, and not JPEG, I did not keep all the shots taken, only the ones we really liked.

img_8892.jpg



Greg and I rented a backdrop for this weekend, so we had her change into one of her own favorite dresses for the next set of shots .  The pictures turned out great. I was thrilled.  But what was most satisfying, and what makes this such a huge achievement, is that Lauren liked all the pictures also.   SO many times we have gotten photos taken, and she never liked them.  It always made me sad, because she is such a beautiful girl.  For her to like her own photos is very gratifying.  And since this was something that we had fun doing together, it makes each photo all the more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment