Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life is full of opportunities - We just need to have the courage to grasp them.

Could the New Year have started out any Worse?
I brought in the New Year sick and still have that stubborn lingering cough going on.  I finally started feeling better, and began making plans to meet goals set for this year, and BAM!! 13 fellow employees were let go, and everyones salary was cut by 10% firm wide.  10%!?  And with the salary cut, I have taken on more responsibilities at work...... great!!  Don't get me wrong,  I am very grateful for the experience this will provide me, but I was hoping my salary would be increasing this year, not the other way around.  Such is life, I suppose.

The best words of encouragement I received during this was in a text message sent from my husband.  It said: "Do you remember what you were worrying about a year ago?....Neither do I because it turned out GREAT!"And this is so true!  A year ago, I wasn't working, and we were not sure if Greg would be able to keep his job or not.  A year ago over 100 employees were laid off from Greg's work, and we were praying that he would be able to keep his.  A year ago we were debating whether or not I needed to return to work.  In February I started looking for work, and it wasn't until June that I found my current job.
While this is not what we were hoping to happen this year, it could have been so much worse.  I still have a job, Gregory's work is doing good, we haven't seen the drop in his workload that we did last year, and everyone is healthy.  And if it comes to pass that I do lose my job, I know there is something else out there for me.  God has always been so gracious to us, seeing us through everything.  He never shuts one door without opening another.  If this door closes, it might just open a window of opportunity for us to bring our dreams to life, such as our photography.
Life is full of opportunities.  We just need to have the courage to grasp them.

No comments:

Post a Comment