Friday, January 1, 2010

Day One - 2010

Day one of the new year, and I am sick. Just Great!
How many others are starting out their new year feeling a little under the weather? A great many I would dare say. I'm sure countless people across the world woke from a long night of partying, hung over from their excesses the night before. Celebrating the end of one year, and welcoming the start of another.
As for me, I stayed home safe and sound surrounded by those I love the best. My family. There is no place else I would have rather been.


Being sick, I have hardly left the couch all day. I think of all the things I need to be doing or could do if I only felt better. A determination and eagerness has come over me. I am filled with a sense of optimism and purpose. I am on a New Years high but too drained from illness to do anything about it. How long will this euphoria last ?
It seems we always start out each new year full of optimism and high hopes. We make our New Years resolutions and rave how this year is going to be great, and how this year we will be successful. We claim this new year will be so much better than the one before. But didn't we just make those same claims last year?
I mean really, how often do we follow through with our resolutions? How long before we fall back into our funk? Maybe my first resolution this year should be that I will follow through with all resolutions made this year.
But, as this is another beginning, and a time for reflection on the past, I will make (and hopefully keep) promises to myself for the upcoming year.
I vow to take control of my life. To become the driver instead of a passenger along for the ride. I vow to grasp the opportunities life presents and make the most of them. I vow no longer to just "go through the motions" of daily life, but to LIVE THEM. I vow to no longer dream about what might have been or what could be, but start bringing my dreams to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment